If you are visiting Berlin and looking for places to grab a delicious lunch, you’re in luck! Berlin is home to a vibrant food scene with a wide variety of culinary delights to satisfy every palate. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top lunch spots in Berlin, from trendy cafes to traditional German eateries.
1. The Barn: Located in Mitte, The Barn is a must-visit for coffee lovers. They serve an array of specialty coffees carefully sourced and passionately brewed. Enjoy your cup of coffee with a pastry or a freshly made sandwich.
2. Katz Orange: This beautiful restaurant in Mitte is housed in a former brewery. Their lunch menu offers a mix of Mediterranean and German dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Don’t miss their mouthwatering salads and seasonal soups.
Traditional German Eateries
1. Max und Moritz: Experience traditional German cuisine at Max und Moritz. This cozy restaurant in Kreuzberg serves hearty dishes like Sauerbraten (pot roast) with dumplings and Schnitzel. Make sure to save room for their homemade desserts, such as apple strudel or black forest cake.
2. Prater Garten: Established in 1837, Prater Garten is Berlin’s oldest beer garden. Located in Prenzlauer Berg, it offers a relaxed outdoor setting where you can enjoy classic German dishes like Wurst (sausages) and Sauerkraut, accompanied by a refreshing German beer.
1. Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebap: Don’t let the long queues discourage you, as Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebap is worth the wait. Located in Kreuzberg, this street food stand serves mouthwatering Turkish-style kebabs filled with grilled vegetables and juicy meat, topped with flavorful sauces.
2. Sasaya: Craving Japanese food? Head to Sasaya in Charlottenburg. They offer a wide selection of authentic Japanese dishes, including fresh sushi, ramen, and bento boxes. It’s a perfect spot for a healthy and satisfying lunch.
If you’re on the go and need a quick lunch option, Berlin has you covered with its street food scene.
- Curry 36: Located in Kreuzberg, Curry 36 is famous for its currywurst, a classic Berlin specialty. Grab a currywurst with fries and enjoy the flavorful combination of sausage, ketchup, and curry powder.
- Burgermeister: This burger joint, situated in an old public toilet under a bridge in Kreuzberg, is a hidden gem. Serving delicious burgers made with high-quality ingredients, Burgermeister is perfect if you’re craving a juicy burger on the go.
Berlin offers a wide range of lunch spots to suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you’re in the mood for trendy cafes, traditional German eateries, international cuisine, or quick bites, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the diverse food scene that Berlin has to offer!
Remember, this is just a small selection of the many incredible lunch spots in Berlin. So go out and discover your own favorite places, and let your taste buds explore the flavors of this exciting city!