If you’re a running enthusiast visiting Berlin or a local resident looking for new places to run, you’re in luck. Berlin offers a wide range of running tracks that cater to all fitness levels and preferences. Whether you prefer scenic routes, urban landscapes, or tracks with varying levels of difficulty, Berlin has something for everyone.
Tiergarten, located in the heart of Berlin, is a vast park offering beautiful running trails. The park spans over 210 hectares, making it perfect for long-distance runs or leisurely jogs. The well-maintained paths and peaceful atmosphere make this park a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Mixed terrain with asphalt and gravel paths.
- Scenic landscape and beautiful views.
- Ample shade, especially in the summer months.
- Easy access to facilities like restrooms and water fountains.
2. Tempelhofer Feld
Tempelhofer Feld is a unique running location as it is an abandoned airport turned into a recreational space. With its vast open area, you’ll have plenty of room to run freely. This track boasts a one-of-a-kind backdrop, allowing you to experience the history of Berlin while staying active.
- Flat concrete surface providing an ideal track for speed workouts.
- Resistance training areas equipped with pull-up bars and exercise equipment.
- Plenty of open space for outdoor activities.
- Opportunity for kite flying and picnics after your run.
3. Treptower Park
Treptower Park, located in the eastern part of Berlin, offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere. The park’s combination of vast green fields, stunning waterfront views, and tree-lined paths creates a picturesque running experience.
- Well-maintained trails suitable for all fitness levels.
- Opportunities for interval or hill training near the Abteibrücke bridge.
- Plenty of benches for rest and relaxation.
- Access to restrooms and water fountains in the park.
Mauerpark is famous for its vibrant atmosphere and popular Sunday flea market. However, it is also a great spot for jogging or a leisurely run. You can enjoy the lively surroundings while staying active in this unique park.
- Soft dirt and gravel paths, perfect for a low-impact run or jog.
- Plenty of green spaces to stretch and relax.
- An opportunity to join the famous Mauerpark karaoke after your run.
- Street workout facilities for additional exercise options.
5. Charlottenburg Palace Gardens
If you’re looking for a royal running experience, Charlottenburg Palace Gardens is the place to be. The well-manicured gardens offer a picturesque backdrop while providing a tranquil space for your workout.
- Wide and well-paved paths suitable for all types of runners.
- Avoid crowds by visiting early morning or late afternoon.
- Access to water fountains and restrooms throughout the gardens.
- Opportunity to explore the palace grounds after your run.
With countless parks and green spaces, Berlin is a haven for runners. Don’t let your visit to this vibrant city hinder your fitness routine. Lace up your running shoes, explore the diverse running tracks, and stay healthy while discovering the beauty of Berlin.